Be Greedy on Your Entry: Front-Running Levels and Order Placement in Futures

Front-run the level, spread your orders, and squeeze your stop… the price you pay to get in decides the trade before it starts.

From the free MicrosTrader Trading Library… 140 lessons mined from 1,042 live ES and MES futures sessions taught since 2018.

Being greedy on your entry means moving your fill as close to your stop loss as you can get it. Pick your location. Know exactly where you're wrong. Then set the order right up against that line so a loss is tiny and a winner has room to run. In ES E-mini futures, a few ticks of entry price decides whether you catch the move or watch it leave without you.

This page collects everything George teaches about order placement across hundreds of hours of live ES and MES micro futures sessions… how to front-run a level, how to spread and pepper your limit orders, when to drop timeframes for a tighter entry, and the honest cost of reaching for a price that never fills.

“"Be greedy on your entry. Move it as close to your stop loss as your ideal stop loss as you could do it."”

— George, live session, Apr 17, 2026

ES futures Battle Plan chart from George’s published record

From George’s published record: Micros Trade Plan #324 — a 100+-point move, mapped in advance.

Front-Run the Level When You Want the Trade

Front-running means entering a point or two before price reaches your exact level. George's most-taught entry move by a wide margin. The logic is simple. When you truly want to be in a high-probability trade, you stop waiting for the perfect touch that may never come and you get positioned early.

The size of the front-run scales with how badly you want the trade. On a committed long, George will step in early on purpose… "I went long at 52. I was debating doing it at 50, but I'm like, I want to be in this trade. So, I'm going to front run it a little bit" (May 21, 2026). Two points, no drama. He owns it: "I just front ran it by two points. Let's be honest."

“"I would count that as my front run because I'm not afraid to front run one or two points if I want to be in a trade."”

— George, live session, Nov 26, 2022

George has taught this in 50+ recorded sessions… and every claim in the full lesson links to the recording it came from. The full lesson covers far more than fits here.

Read the full lesson free at MicrosTrader.com →

Share This

𝕏 PostLinkedInFacebook

Follow MicrosTrader

▶ YouTubeFacebook𝕏 TwitterMediumSubstack🎧 Apple Podcasts🎧 Spotify🎧 Amazon MusicLinkedIn

Field Dispatch · Free

Get the Sunday Library Lesson

One lesson from the MicrosTrader Trading Library in your inbox every Sunday… George’s own words, with the receipts.

DISPATCHED SUNDAYS 11:00 CT · UNSUBSCRIBE ANYTIME

📍 Originally published on MicrosTrader.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple ES Trading System

How to Trade Ranges for Es & Mes Futures Traders: Wednesday Oct 22

Monday Sep 29: Inside the Micros Room: ES & MES Trade Plans and Price Zones